Educational Math Program Evaluator
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Posted April 21, 2015 – Deadline for Submissions May 15, 2015
The Accelerate Technical Training and Job Placement program was launched in March 2011. The program is a collaborative effort among the Regional Development Corporation, regional businesses, and 6 colleges (UNM Taos, UNM Los Alamos, Northern New Mexico College, Santa Fe Community College, New Mexico Highlands and Luna Community College). Working together, the collaborative’s goal is to increase the graduation rate of technical degree students in Northern New Mexico and place students in appropriate jobs. Funding for Accelerate is provided through the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Environmental Management.
The collaborative has identified math skills as a barrier to getting students into technical degree programs. In the summers of 2011-2014, Accelerate conducted developmental math programs with the goal of using hands-on and applied techniques in order to increase student competency in Math. In an effort to improve student outcomes, Math instructors from the various colleges have worked to modify the course for delivery in summer 2015. Accelerate Math Experience (previously named Math Camp) will be offered during the summer session at all six institutions beginning on June 1, 2015.
The Accelerate program seeks an evaluator to:
- Ensure that all data collection is uniform and complete
- Assess changes in student confidence and attitudes towards math
- Analyze test data to identify whether the math curriculum and instruction are effectively increasing students math skills
- Assess learning outcomes for students
- Assess instructor outcomes
- Assess students’ abilities to meet state competencies for intro to algebra and intermediate algebra
- Provide written evaluation of math program effectiveness including recommendations for improving curriculum, delivery of materials and instructor training.
ASSUMPTIONS AND AGREEMENTS
- A preliminary budget for this project has been established. Vendor bids may not exceed $10,000.
- A contract will be awarded on or before 4 pm, Friday, May 22, 2015
- The due date for deliverables is October 15, 2015.
- This project requires knowledge of education curriculum, educational evaluation methods, state education standards, and teacher efficacy.
- The proposal must outline an approach to evaluating the effectiveness of the Accelerate math curriculum and teaching.
- The proposal must include a section that details the time, personnel and cost required to complete the project.
- The proposal must include documentation (or directions to web-site) which demonstrates the vendor’s capabilities and experience on like projects.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
- The deadline for proposal submissions is Friday, May 15, 2015.
- The proposal should be submitted (ONLY electronic proposals will be accepted) to: Regional Development Corporation, 706 Bond Street, Espanola, New Mexico 87532, Accelerate Program Manager, Carla Rachkowski, 505-270-6049, Carla@rdcnm.org.